Tennessee Trail Riders

A social network of avid trail riders and horse enthusiasts

We are strictly a community of horse owners/lovers (4,000 members)

I need help finding just the right place in Tennessee to move to. I want to live in a small town, but not too small. Since I was born in Florida and have lived there all my life and I am a little worried about being too far north or too COLD. I don't want to be farther than 30-40 miles from a hospital or college. I may need to work a little after I retire. I want to have at least 5 acres but prefer 10. No mountains but big hills are OK. Cleared land would be nice but not necessary. Most importantly I want to be able to ride off my property and be able to get to some decent trails and be in a community where there are others who love trail riding. I don't want to ride alone all the time. Am I asking for too much? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Marilyn
I have house, barn and 5 acres with more land for sale 26 miles west of Columbia
You can ride off the property on to 3200 acres of public land. All the pictures on my page was taken here.
JIMMY PRETTY HOLLOW STABLES
If you want to send me an email address I can send you more info
Jimmy
Jimmy, This property looks very nice. I'd definitely be interested in more information. My email address is mbennett102@cfl.rr.com
This is an interesting web site where you can ask about specific areas (once you start narrowing down your choices, TN is big state lol). http://www.city-data.com/forum/

I moved here to Northeast TN (Greene County) from Central Florida after living there for 46 yrs. Miss my family and friends and the beach but that is it. I don't mind the cold here, the climate is very temperate. You get four real seasons! If I had to do it over again, I would have moved to a more populated area. I am single (divorced after 20 yrs of marriage), and I would like to meet someone to share my life here, kinda hard to do when ya live in the boonies, lol.

Take your time to find the right place! Best of luck to you.
Kathy
http://followyourblissfarm.blogspot.com/
Kathy, People who have relocated from Floida keep saying the same thing. It reassures me I am not going to be sorry about leaving Florida after 55 years (I was born here). I use city data to check out every city. It is very informative, but I need a forum like this one to tell me about the trail riding which is one of my top concerns in looking for a place to move to with my 2 horses. I do not want to be too far out in the "boonies" either. I would like to live where there are enough people close by to ride with.

Thanks for the support,
Marilyn
I know someone that just listed her home which backs up to the Natchez Trace trails between Franklin and Columbia-most any time you can find trail riders on the Trace or nearby on the rural roads. She is about an hour from Nashville just off the Hwy 7 exit on the Natchez Trace Parkway, has a barn, a big shop with electricity and water, 5 acres which are crossfenced and a small pond. There is a small but active group of endurance riders that condition there too (and no we don't go as fast as we can, LOL!) Let me know if you want mopre info.
Jackie
Jackie, Here is my email mbennett102@cfl.rr.com. I'd appreciate any info you can give me.
THANKS, MARILYN
email sent
feel free to contact me for any other questions!
Hi there! Have you considered Bedford county, Wartrace to be exact? I too am a native Floridian and have been here in TN since 2005. I live in Wartrace amongst some beautiful gently rolling hills and have access to some of the nicest trails around. If you have ever heard of the Strolling Jim trail ride, it is held here in Wartrace just down the street and we ride those trails regularly. A dear friend of mine moved up here from FL as well, lives just down the street from me and those trails are right out her back door. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me! Good luck in your search and hope to meet you on the trails!
I have a place in Ethridge TN - Amish country - buggies up and down the roads all the time. I have a 1600 square foot brick ranch home (3 bed 2 bath) on 8 acres, with central AC/heat, laminate wood floors, covered parking for 3 vehicles and trailer plus RV. It has 2 barns - 6 stall center aisle barn, and a huge hay barn. It is perimeter and cross-fenced, with run-in sheds in pastures. Lots of pasture, good trails, lots of people to ride with around here, conservation land just across the street, plenty of places to ride at your doorstep. It's in turn-key condition - just bring your horses and furniture. It's located about 8 miles north of Lawrenceburg TN and about an hour and 15 minutes south of Nashville. Close to town, close to shopping, hospital, etc. Priced to sell at $155,000. email @foxhunthorses@aol.com or call 615-308-3846.
Hey, there Marilyn, we are still stuck in FL also, but have the land just a shade south of Collinwood. Where are you currently? We are in Altoona across the street from the Ocala forest. I have friends in Waynesboro that moved from FL 3 years ago and they love it there!
Hey, I'm still in Port Orange, jusy a few miles south of Daytona Beach. I know where Altoona is. I used to drive through Altoona on my way to Umatilla when I doing the 100 mile rides along time ago. I have 6 months to go before I can leave. If my husband can find a job he may head north with the dogs & horses. I can't wait.
I've seeen some nice property in Waynesboro but I'm not sure where Collinwood is.
Hi, Marilyn. Welcome to TN! I relocated here from rural NY 3 years ago. I live in Sparta TN and probably looked at 40 properties before I made the purchase where I finally settled. I was looking for the same type of things that you are although anywhere in TN would have warmer weather than where I came from! Since I came here I purchased a second property very close to me. It was just too good a deal to pass up. I came here a widow and subsequently met my soul mate (ironically originally from NYS very close to where I grew up!) We purchased the second property because we had 17 horses between the two of us. We have a vacation rental and our website is:thegetawayranch.com I am not trying to market you, but if you go to our website it will give you a description of where we are on Center Hill Lake. I just love it here and have trails on thousands of acres I can ride from my house. Although it is privately owned people here are very generous in allowing you to ride their property.

Good luck on your search. Tn is a great place to ride and live.

Denis

RSS

Advertise on TTR Website:

Want to share your message with other Tennessee Trail Riders' ?

Call or text me at 615-202-9912

Direct Email Communications: $.15/contact

Cheers and happy trails!

© 2022   Created by Mike Murphy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service