Tennessee Trail Riders

A social network of avid trail riders and horse enthusiasts

We are strictly a community of horse owners/lovers (4,000 members)

IN RESPONSE TO JIM APPLE DISCUSSION

AFTER MUCH THOUGHT AND MONTHS GOING BY .I DECIDED TO GO BAREFOOT WITH MY FOUR HORSES MY TWO MARES HAVE BEEN BAREFOOT MOST OF THEIR LIVES OUR OLDEST MARE IS AN APPALOOSA  SHE HAS ALWAYS HAD TERRIBLE FEET CRUMBLED  OUCHY  AND ALWAYS SHOD BECAUSE SHE HAS "WHITE FEET" MY GELDING WAS DX WITH NAVICULAR 5 YEARS AGO SHOD IN EGG BAR SHOES WEDGES ETC. WE SHOWED IN DRESSAGE OF COURSE I HAD TO RETIRE HIM HE JUST COULDN'T PERFORM IN HIGH HEELS . I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO BAREFOOT BUT MY VETS AND FARRIERS SAID "YOU WILL KILL HIM" IF YOU TAKE HIS SHOES OFF! SO I WATCHED HIM LIMP AND LOOK PAINFUL FOR 5 YEARS IN THE PASTURE.

AFTER SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS FOR MONTHS AND TALKING TO JIM APPLE I DECIDED HE MIGHT BE ON TO SOMETHING ( THANKS JIM FOR ALL YOUR PATIENCES ) SO WE PULLED HIS SHOES AND OUR MARES SHOES AUGUST  21 2009. JIM TOOK MY GELDING  OUT TO MY ARENA 5 MINS AFTER PULLING HIS SHOES AND RODE HIM IT WAS BREATH TAKING( OF COURSE HE PUT BOOTS ON HIS FRONT FEET ) HE MOVED LIKE HE NEVER HAD BEFORE( I HAVE IT ON VIDEO). I SOAKED HIS FEET IN APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR 2 MONTHS EVERY DAY BEFORE PULLING HIS SHOES ,JIM TOLD ME HE MAY JUST HAVE A BAD CASE OF THRUSH I HALF WAY BELIEVED THAT BUT I DID WHAT HE TOLD ME TO DO. WE WATCHED HIM VERY CLOSE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS OF COUSE HE WAS A LITTLE OUCHY BUT NOTHING LIKE I EXPECTED AND NOW HE'S GREAT AND HAPPY HIS EXPRESSION ON HIS FACE CHANGED HE GAINED WEIGHT AND I MAY BE ABLE TO DO ALOT OF RIDING AGAIN AND GUESS WHAT HE DOESN'T HAVE NAVICULAR HE HAD THRUSH AND OUR MARE HAS BEAUTIFUL BARE FEET
AND DURING ALL THE SNOW GUESS WHAT NO SNOWBALLS IN THE FEET THEY LOVE IT I LOVE IT AND I AM SO THANKFUL I HAVE MY HORSE BACK  THANKS JIM
VINEGAR SOAKS
LOW CARB FEED
GOOD HAY
BAREFOOT
EQUIPRIDE
= HAPPY HORSE AND OWNER
OH I FORGOT THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS I SPENT FOR INJECTIONS, SHOEING AND WORRYING THROWN OUT THE WINDOW UGH!!
I WAS A HARD ONE JUST ASK JIM

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great story! Let's trail ride with our barefoot horses once this mud dries up... I can barely make it from the house to the pasture for sliding in it!
Thanks Jackie I hope to do some trail riding this summer maybe it will dry up about July ( HA)
AWWWWWWWW

Your making me blush!

Jim

RSS

Advertise on TTR Website:

Want to share your message with other Tennessee Trail Riders' ?

Call or text me at 615-202-9912

Direct Email Communications: $.15/contact

Cheers and happy trails!

© 2021   Created by Mike Murphy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service