Tennessee Trail Riders

A social network of avid trail riders and horse enthusiasts

We are strictly a community of horse owners/lovers (4,000 members)

This was an awesome ride. It's well worth the trip if you have a sense of adventure. The main trails are marked but it's the off trails that are the most fun. Yellow jackets are not very friendly right now but this fall will be a good time to go.

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Genie, we rode Natchez Trace State Park last year and really enjoyed it. The campgrounds are really nice too, if you ever consider an overnight stay. I hope you were able to see the lake, it's great. When we were there it was fairly crowded, which is a great opportunity to see some great horses, did you see many other riders?
Where was the lake? Missed it completely.

Mike Murphy said:
Hey Genie, we rode Natchez Trace State Park last year and really enjoyed it. The campgrounds are really nice too, if you ever consider an overnight stay. I hope you were able to see the lake, it's great. When we were there it was fairly crowded, which is a great opportunity to see some great horses, did you see many other riders?
It was probably more like a pond rather than a lake, but it was really nice. I can't tell you where it was, I only know it was on one of the main trails. Greg Musgrave can probably tell you where it was.
Hi Genie- I rode the Trace on my bicycle a few years ago and thought it looked like a wonderful horse trip. Can you ride the entire thing? -Deb
The Natchez Trace and the Natchez Trace state park are 2 separate places. The Natchez Trace starts on Hwy 100 in the Bellvue area and goes south to Mississippi. The Natchez Trace state park is west of Nashville off of I40 (nowhere near the Natchez trace itself). It's confusing! I have ridden the Trace but not at the state park...oh I forgot, the Natchez Trace is a state park in itself...just a few feet wide but very, very long! lol I don't think you can ride the entire thing, but I may be wrong.
The Lake is across the highway from the campground. It is a nice place to ride for sure. I go quite a bit, if you ever want to meet let me know!
The Park is a whole separate thing down Hwy. 40 about an hour and a half away. It is great for horsesback riding and has a big campground. The Trace here can be ridden from Garrison all the way to Hwy. 50. Both are great.
I was told there wasn't water on the trails for horses so not to go in the hot weather, is this true?
There is a creek. It had just enough water for the horses to get a drink. However, the creek should have plenty of water flow this year if it keeps raining like this.
There are a few creek crossings on either side, and it's not that big of a place. You can ride to camp or the day use area and water there. Be careful if you ride the power lines: you come to a bog and it will bury your horse before you know it. Even in August. We ride here all the time.

RSS

Advertise on TTR Website:

Want to share your message with other Tennessee Trail Riders' ?

Call or text me at 615-202-9912

Direct Email Communications: $.15/contact

Cheers and happy trails!

© 2021   Created by Mike Murphy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service