Tennessee Trail Riders

A social network of avid trail riders and horse enthusiasts

We are strictly a community of horse owners/lovers (4,000 members)

RIP Jerrod, Your mother, and little Brother. Matthew and Janet, you're in my prayers.

I know this isn't related to horses but I need help.
I lost one of my friends Friday morning due to stupidity.
Jerrod's house was caught on fire and Jerrod, his mother, and nine year old brother all passed in the fire. Jerrod was 16 years old and a wonderful student and will be terribly missed.
My other friend, Matthew, is in ICU being treated with 3rd degree burns on the front of his body, his legs and feet got the worst of it.
I went to see Matthew today. he is doing better. They moved him out of ICU into a room. Now they're waiting for him to get out of the critical 48 hour stage.
Keep fighting Matthew. I love you. and your mother and Sister need you.
The police believe Matthew and his friend William are responsible for the murder of the Thornton Family. Matthew was the sweetest and most caring person I have ever met. He would do anything to make sure you had a great day. I do not believe Matthew is responsible and until they actually have proof, I'm going to treat each individual with the same amount of respect and dignity they both deserve. If the evidence proves me wrong, then I will be open to that fact even though it will kill me inside. I was not there and cannot say Matthew did not do this, but neither was anyone else so its killing me hearing everyone say Matthew should have burnt in the fire too.
They have arrested William and have said they are going to charge Matthew when he gets out of the hospital.
I feel so numb and hurt knowing that I will never get to speak or see my dear friend again.
He meant so much to me. :(
The last time I time I talked to Matthew was Thursday afternoon after school. We talked for about an hour. The last thing he said to me was " Thanks for listening. It just nice knowing someone cares about me" and gave me his cute smile. I blame myself for not picking up the signs of him hurting. If only I could have seen his pain none of this would have happened. :(

so if you will keep Matthew, his mother, Janet and sister Cassie, and Also the Thornton family in your prayers that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for listening. I just needed to have someone care.

RIP Jerrod, your mother, and little Brother.
You may be gone but you're not forgotten.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is so terrible and so very sad. My heartfelt condolences to the family and friends, they are in my prayers and I pray that they gather strength from ABOVE to get them through this terrible tragedy.
Kayla, I knew Jerrod and his Mother and have wept over them also. I am sorry for your pain and I have been praying for God to use this tragedy as a wake-up call to help others. When something as terrible as this happens we all have choices to make. We can pass it off and go on with our lives as though nothing happened or we can surrender our lives to live by a higher call. To live life God's way not the world's way. Jesus said he came to give us life abundantly. I have walked with him since I was 13. Though I made many mistakes growing up and still a few today, I promise it has been a far better way of life. If you want to talk more feel free to call me at home: 931-840-6107. This tragedy is not your fault. You cannot control anyone else, each person makes their own choices and you can choose to live a life of purpose and meaning and not get sucked into the mess that our culture and media constantly push.
Blessings, Linda Grajewski

RSS

Advertise on TTR Website:

Want to share your message with other Tennessee Trail Riders' ?

Call or text me at 615-202-9912

Direct Email Communications: $.15/contact

Cheers and happy trails!

© 2020   Created by Mike Murphy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service