A social network of avid trail riders and horse enthusiasts
We are strictly a community of horse owners/lovers (4,000 members)
My friend has called from Texas and asked me to see if anyone has had a horse with these symptoms. The horse is at a local vets and he cannot find what is wrong.
1. First symptoms seemed like colic, but not
2. very lethargic/head down does not move
3. acts like in pain and cannot walk well
4. drinking, eating (hay only) and regular bowel and kidney function
5. no fever, blood work does not reveal infection
6. some swelling on front legs and this seems to be where a lot of the pain is
Anyone have any ideas? She is 4 hours from a vet school and does not want to transport her that far. Is staying at the local vets until Saturday. I just know someone out there has some info to help her. Thanks everyone.
Sounds like our mare that had epm years ago. Bless you and yours with this struggle!!