Tennessee Trail Riders

A social network of avid trail riders and horse enthusiasts

We are strictly a community of horse owners/lovers (4,000 members)

I have several horses, like 7 big ones, 5 minis and 3 donkeys that are going to have to be treated for rain rot. My big horses have it really bad. I did some research and found several things but wanted your opinion on what you used that worked. Since I have so many that have to be treated I need something economical. I found that some people used listerine, watered down bleach, and one that I thought was pretty interesting, it said use Apple Cider Vinegar. Said it got rid of it in 4 days??? Has anyone tried this?

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Vickie - Cheese Shaker - like what they put the parmesan cheese in at Pizza Hut.
oh ok don't i feel dumb now...
I use full strength bleach. Pull off the scab and saturate a cotton ball and dab it on. They don't mind it and it gets rid of it quick, like in a week. I also make sure that they are brushed out because they say the compacted dirt on the skin is what starts the fungus.
The best thing I have found to work on rain rot is "fung away" Here is a link to the product: http://www.horsemansdream.com/products/fungaway.html

you can find it for sure at TSC

RSS

Advertise on TTR Website:

Want to share your message with other Tennessee Trail Riders' ?

Call or text me at 615-202-9912

Direct Email Communications: $.15/contact

Cheers and happy trails!

© 2022   Created by Mike Murphy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service