Tennessee Trail Riders

A social network of avid trail riders and horse enthusiasts

We are strictly a community of horse owners/lovers (4,000 members)

You may not have known him, but today was my time to say good bye to my long time trail partner Pegasus.  He was a gift to me from above when I very much needed one and he carried me through some of the toughest times of my life and through some of God's most beautiful scenery. He was a "once in a life time" horse for me.  I will miss him very much.  I am grateful to have received an extra 20 months of health, making new memories with him after his diagnosis of probable leukemia when he was seen at UT in August of 2008. He defied the odds and I would have expected no less from his brave, wise soul and huge heart.  I will miss him very much. I am grateful that I could give him the final gift of release today when he let me know that it was time to let him go, even though my heart is aching over my loss.  My friend tells me that all our animal companions that pass over before us wait on the Rainbow Bridge for us until it is our time.  If that is true, I know that he will be there to carry me over with great joy and without complaint just as he has done these many years no matter where I have asked him to go.  Well done, my dear beloved Pegasus. very well done. May you fly even higher with your new wings. Happy trails to you until we meet again.You will be in my heart forever.

Views: 35

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
I will you keep you in my prayers.
According to the Bible, which I believe is the word of God given to us, there are animals in heaven. Jesus will return one day riding a white horse and the host of heaven following Him mounted on white horses also. Please go to my website, Gaits To Heaven. The link is posted on the blog site.
Besides these two scriptures there are many other references to animals being with us after this life and world are over. I have also lost dear animal partners and friends and that set me on the search to find evidence that I would see them again. I believe the Word of God supports this.

Revelation 19: 11,14 “I saw heaven open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.”
Revelation 9:16 “The number of the mounted troops was two hundred million. I heard their number.”

Blessings, Linda
I'm so sorry for your loss. I too believe in the "Rainbow Bridge" . I had never heard of it until my vet gave me a copy when I had to say goodby to a very loved partner. I know you will find comfort in your memories of Pegasus during this time. Memories are a wonderful thing ... they are always with us and nothing can take that away.
Just when I needed a good cry....I read this. Thank you so much for sharing! Been there myself. It's never easy, but we do what's best for them. He'll be at Rainbow bridge...waiting for you...no doubt!
Denise,I am so sorry for your loss,you will see him again,I will keep you in my prayers
Your loss has really touched my heart and I am trully sorry. God Bless
Beautiful
My thoughts are with you...
I lost my beloved London Exchange who was a big back thorobred that I worked with and later took him as a riding horse after he fractured his ankle. He raced 133 times, won 18times, finished second and third another30 times. I could only ride him once a week for an hour with bute but he was an awesome trail horse. He fell ill to lymphoma and I had to put him down. That was one of the hardest things I had to do in my life. A few months later I took another racehorse that had a fractured leg and after he recovered, he made the most awesome trail horse. One day he was playing in the paddock, took a bad step and fell, fracturing his shoulder and had to put him down. I can't say that it's some thing you have to get used to, but it's always in the back of my mind that the ones you love(two legged and four legged) might be taken away from you. But, there is always that rainbow bridge you can have faith in.
A heart felt thank you to those of you who have sent me messages of support and comfort. It is amazing how much it means to me. As you all know, the thread that binds all of us to each other on this website is our relationships with our horses and the joy they bring to us. Thank you for helping me through this very difficult time. God bless
Denise
I am so sorry for your loss. You will be in my prayers tonight and I know that God will bring you comfort and peace as time goes by. All of my animals bring me such unconditional love and joy each day, my heart breaks for you. Sincerely, Lisa

RSS

Advertise on TTR Website:

Want to share your message with other Tennessee Trail Riders' ?

Call or text me at 615-202-9912

Direct Email Communications: $.15/contact

Cheers and happy trails!

© 2019   Created by Mike Murphy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service